Wednesday, November 01, 2006


Just a few words
After a stressful day of post-hangover grogginess and nightmare PMS-ness I thought it would be nice to hang out, get a bite and go to the Kino. So before the movie I went to a haunt in my neighborhood called Bei Benny und Franky. I love the name because it feels more Hoboken than Frankfurt. I was feeling very tense going out on my own and when I get tense my voice deamplifies and my mouth does not open to annunciate words. So after barely getting out my order the guy on the barstool next to me made a joke with me about my German but I couldn't understand it.

After enoying my bratwurst and beer I headed to Orfeos Erhben to catch a reel of shorts from Cannes film festival. Unfortunately when I walked in I got the "gypsy" girl and there was definite void between what I wanted and what they could offer. I couldn't figure out if the show was sold out, or rescheduled but I was definitely feeling very deflated as I was looking so forward to seeing these movies. What burned me was that people were being so nice to me but I couldn't communicate with them.

I was still in such a bad mood from the previous night that I set out on my bicycle in such a sour mood. I got to the waterfront, looked upon the incredible skyline, and I still felt so bad. So after a couple unsuccessful snaps I left Bridget a message on her cell phone in tears. I am such a baby...

I kept riding and riding, taking another bad photo and finally after about an hour I discovering new things on the south shore of Sachenhausen I began to feel better and I rode back across the river to Romerburg where I finally got this sweet snap at the Schirn. End it on a high note!

No comments: