Thursday, August 18, 2011




2011.26/52

German-American Fusion Dinner
"Hähnchenschnitzel mit Frische RotKraut und Kartoffelpfankuchen" (may be incorrect, my German is very bad)

My goal for "52 in 2011" was to tap into my creativity and find new inspiration, broaden my creative palette and produce a larger amount of personal work. This creativity can reach outside the bounds of visual art, as long as I am creating.

A few years ago I discovered cooking. And while I feel I am not the best, I love to refine and perfect recipes and come up with my own creations. This blog was actually started when I visited Germany, France and Switzerland on a business trip in 2006. I loved the food, but I find a lot of German food tastes like garbage in the US.

So I came up with my own spin on some German classics, mixing some fairly stereotypical dishes with healthy ingredients to make a hearty meal. I made Chicken Schnitzel with a fresh red cabbage slaw/kraut and sweet potato pancakes.

I will post the recipe in the future.

No comments: