Friday, October 20, 2006


Visiting Mainhatten
Today I was able to twice visit the City Centre.

The first visit was with Marek, the Director of the Frankfurt office, where we drove down past the Messe and Houptbahnhof and through the financial district with all the skyscrapers. We ended up parking under the outdoor shopping district and walking through it. One building was the Hauptwache, meaning high lookout post, where Frankfurters used to kick ass. Now it is a sweet restaurant. We ended up at a delicous thai restaurant where we discussed business over a Wießbier. One the way back I got my first glimpse of the Kaiserstrauße, or King's Street, which means red light district. I couldn't resist rolling down the window to ask 'Heya flossie, how much ya charge for a lube job?'.

Ariana and I went down after work so I could pick up a few hygenic items. We shopped at a big department store for my items, and then went fruitlessly shoe shopping for her impending business trip to Berlin. After no luck we ended up at the Frankfurt Café Karin, named for the EspressoPromethian woman who insisted that Germans drink coffee that is as good as the French and Italians. I had a delicous beer, I'll have to ask which kind, and a Kartoffel puffer with fresh goatcheese and herbs. Yummy!

Oh, and on the way there we viewed a rare species of Ferrari Citröen

No comments: