Friday, April 15, 2011




2011.11/52

Cincinn-ARTY

Dustin, a colleague at work curates and seeks submissions of artwork for AEQAI, an online journal of Cincinnati's visual arts.

He contacted me about created a Splash page visual for the April edition of AEQAI. I wanted to create something specific for the magazine, so the idea of Cincinnati's landmarks becoming tools for making art popped into my head. A cold modernist building like the Kroger building is a ruler, the Carew Tower is a number Ca2ew pencil, Central Trust is a can of spray paint sky-writing AEQAI, the new Great American building is a brush and Union Terminal is a boom box (part of graffiti culture and performance art). I was kind of inspired by New Yorker magazine covers.

I'm excited to be part of a group of my favorite local designers like Dustin, Keith Neltner and Tommy Sheehan.

No comments: