Monday, April 25, 2011



I've been obsessed with cuckoo clocks, chandeliers, trophy heads, etc.

I want to break out of my 2D tendencies for some future projects. One is creating my own cuckoo clock (probably not with working cuckoo *darnit*) , redesigning the aesthetic in a contemporary fashion.

I was riding my bike in the country and a light bulb turned on above my head. What about a cuckoo bird house?! I thought I was a genius until I google searched it. Darn. But maybe once I make the clocks I will create an alt version of a bird house.

Other ideas for bird houses I've wanted to make: miniature version of my house and mini-skyscrapers/skyline.

Unfortunately last year my dog died. So we tried to get out of the house a lot to take our minds off of it. We went to a boutique where I saw these wooden silhouettes of animals called "Kingdom Animalia" by a Brooklyn studio called Enormous Champion. Perhaps once I have the jigsaw out I will make a silhouette of my pet dog as a remembrance.

No comments: